Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mathematical BridgeMathematical Bridge
The Mathematical Bridge is the popular name of a wooden bridge across the River Cam, between two parts of Queens' College, Cambridge. Its official name is merely the Wooden Bridge.
The bridge was designed by William Etheridge, and built by James Essex in 1749. It has been rebuilt on two occasions — 1867 and 1902 — but has kept the same overall design.
The title of 'Mathematical Bridge' was also given to one of the former bridges of the Cam between Trinity and Trinity Hall, also designed by James Essex, where Garret Hostel Bridge now stands.

See also

List of bridges in Cambridge